FPPad Bits and Bytes for March 8

7 Responses to “FPPad Bits and Bytes for March 8”

1. Marty Morua March 8, 2013 8:42 am
    #

With surgical precision, Bill always slices out relevant topics that affect the RIA universe.

Cutting edge RIA’s need a little ”Bits” and sometimes ”Mega-Bytes” as part of their weekly game plan. Too much info out there, but Bill dices, dissects and spoon feeds it to his RIA followers.

• Bill Winterberg March 8, 2013 8:51 am
      #

Thank you Marty, I’m pleased to hear you’re getting a lot out of the Bits and Bytes updates!

2. Hugh Massie March 10, 2013 8:21 pm
    #

would be great to discuss how technology can be used in the process of making advisors behaviorally smart

3. Craig Iskowitz March 20, 2013 9:00 pm
    #

Bill, I would agree with your statement that “client portals will soon be dead,” if we limit it to portals that just provide access to canned reports and other documents. However, flexible and functional portals such as provided by Junxure CRM should be the exception to your rule.

The session at the T3 Conference with Jennifer Henderson, CEO of Pinnacle Wealth Planning Services, was a great in-depth review of how they revamped their technology and greatly improved their client-facing website. Junxure also acts as the central point of integration for MoneyGuide Pro and BlackDiamond, which greatly improved their internal processes.

You can read a brief summary of Henderson’s comments here: http://wp.mHe/pPor1-yk

• Bill Winterberg March 22, 2013 12:55 pm
      #

Craig,
      I read what you wrote about Henderson’s portal and customization of the Junxure Client View interface. Still, by Henderson’s own admission, only 20% of their clients use it.

What’s the big inhibitor?

I think it boils down to the location on the website and username and password requirement.

If you move a similar dashboard to a mobile app where a password only had to be entered one time, I think that user adoption really would rise considerably.

Until that type of mobile app dashboard is available at an attractive price, I suppose advisers are just going to have to move forward with low-yield portals for a few more years.

4. Shona March 28, 2013 10:09 am
    #

I’m using Citrix’s “Podio” as a platform for type of portal / personal financial workspace. I also use it to run my practice ( CRM, templates, processes, lead management, etc.,etc.) It is open and flexible, and integrates with Sharefile, Box, Google docs, GoToMeeting, etc. It allows me to add a layer of coordination / organization and insight into what are essentially documents, and also introduces transparency and collaboration into a financial services practice. Oh, and there’s a mobile app. I’m a total fan girl.

• Bill Winterberg March 28, 2013 10:11 am
      #

Shona,

Thank you for the tip of Citrix’s Podio. I don’t have it in my resource list, so I’m adding it now and hope to take a look at it in the next few weeks.