Twitter analytics helps financial advisers boost social media ROI

Twitter analytics lets financial advisers calculate their social media ROI

Twitter analytics lets financial advisers determine their social media ROI

Twitter analytics is the next greatest thing in financial adviser social media ROI.

As a financial adviser, you read a ton of articles and hear from industry consultants (myself included!) how important social media can be to your business and how you should be using it to communicate with your audience.

But when you post something, how do you know if that message was actually effective in reaching people?

Introducing Twitter Analytics

Twitter, part of the top four social media sites (along with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+), just rolled out a new tool you can use to view your own analytics.

Twitter Analytics is free and can reveal nearly everything you ever wanted to know about the “reach,” or generated traffic, of your tweets.

Not only can you view analytics about your tweets, you can also gain insight on trends in your followers as well as demographics of the people who follow you.

Twitter Analytics in Two Minutes

I created the screencast below to show you how to access Twitter Analytics for your account and navigate among the data offered.

Enjoy!

Tags:

7 Responses to “Twitter analytics helps financial advisers boost social media ROI”

1. Susan Weiner, CFA June 26, 2013 5:56 am
    #

Thank you for this helpful information, Bill!

2. Susan Weiner, CFA June 26, 2013 7:36 am
    #

Bill,
    It appears that Twitter Analytics isn’t totally free.

I contacted their help desk when I couldn’t access my follower information. Here’s their reply: “You must be a Twitter Ads customer to gain access to analytics.”

• Bill Winterberg June 26, 2013 7:51 am
      #

Susan,

Try logging in to the Twitter Advertising page, then go through all the steps to promote either your tweets or your account. Get all the way to the payment tab, but then cancel your work.

That might be enough to enable analytics on your account. Let me know if it works!

3. Justin Smith June 26, 2013 10:20 am
    #

I went so far as to put in my cc info, then turned off promotions once I got analytics. For some reason it won’t show me follower info, says not enough data at this time, try back later (when I have more followers? Ha).

It will show me my timeline though.

• Susan Weiner, CFA June 27, 2013 7:47 am
      #

Justin,

Like you I obtained my timeline info without any problem. I’ve decided I can live without my follower info.

• Susan Weiner, CFA June 28, 2013 8:12 pm
      #

Justin,

Here’s a message that I got from the Twitter staff: Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to see your analytics after you have entered your credit card payment information.

4. Jon Ferchen November 19, 2013 2:09 pm
    #

Bill, great stuff. Thanks for sharing.